Use whatever vegetables you have to hand and balanced with the protein-rich chicken, this is a great family meal. The accompanying ‘pesto’ sauce really makes this dish something special. And it’s all so quick to make too. Ready in 20 minutes.
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 yellow or red pepper, cut into pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
For the ‘pesto’ sauce:
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp ready made pesto
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes or bite-sized chunks.
- For the marinade, combine the lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken and vegetable pieces into the marinade and toss lightly until everything is covered with the marinade. Leave on one side to marinate for about 30 minutes (or overnight if preparing the night before).
- Thread the vegetables and chicken onto barbeque skewers. (You can get little ones involved, they’ll love making their own ‘designs’.)
- Cook the kebabs for about 10 minutes under a hot grill (or a hot BBQ). Keep turning to ensure even cooking.
- For the ‘pesto’ sauce, combine the lemon juice, yoghurt, sour cream and pesto.
Serve the kebabs with freshly grilled corn on the cob and green salad. YUM.