Enjoy this basic hash recipe. You can vary this in many ways. Adjust the herbs and chilli. Add more vegetables (sweetcorn, courgettes, peppers are some of our favourites) to the potatoes. Perfect Sunday morning breakfast!
- 500g new potatoes, or larger potatoes cut into chunks
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 sausages
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- a handful of coriander
- sea salt / black pepper
- 2 eggs
- tomato ketchup
1. Boil the potatoes in water until tender.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the onion. When the onion starts to soften, add bite-sized pieces of the sausage. Cook for a few minutes and then add the potatoes. Fry everything for 10 minutes until sausages are cooked and the potatoes are becoming crisp.
3. Sprinkle the coriander, chilli flakes and salt and pepper to taste over the mix.
4. In another pan, heat a little oil and fry the eggs.
5. To serve, place the hash in the centre of your serving plate. Place the egg on top and serve with a good squirt of tomato ketchup.